+++ Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it is not possible to participate in the exchange program of Puente Nica e.V. +++
Build bridges! There are several ways to support our work:
- Become a member and actively help determine the focus of our association
- Move to Nicaragua for a while and volunteer in one of our projects
- Help enable us young Nicaraguans a federal volunteer service in Germany by becoming a host families or offer a place to volunteer
by Flore Martinsson
Swap worlds - build bridges
+++ Due to the current political situation, an exchange to Nicaragua with Puente Nica is currently not possible +++
We at Puente Nica see ourselves as bridge builders between Nicaragua and Germany. Intercultural exchange is one of our pillars. In concrete terms, this means that since the association was founded in 2012, Nicaraguan and German volunteers have traveled to the other side of the globe with Puente Nica eV In Nicaragua, they helped shape the partner or association projects of Puente Nica eV: Together with Javier from the Book Bus, they helped children with their homework. You played with teenagers in Colama Theater. You made music with adults in the Casita de Árbol. The aim of our exchange program is to enable the volunteers to gain intercultural and professional experience. By working on site, they sharpen their view of global contexts and - like the people on site - benefit from the mutual change of perspective. The everyday life together creates the opportunity to make international friends and creates a new home in the distance.
Are you looking for a meaningful personal engagement, for an exciting intercultural experience? Then Puente Nica eV is the right place for you.
- An exciting activity in one of our projects, individually designed based on your personal interests and strengths
- An intercultural work environment, hand in hand with locals and European volunteers
- A temporary home with accommodation and meals in one of our host families in the Tipitapa region
- Competent direct contacts on site and in Germany
We are looking for you if you bring the following:
- Interest in Nicaraguan culture and local people
- Interest in personal contact and cooperation with people of all ages
- Interested in one of our projects in which you would like to get involved
- Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage, but not a must
Here's how it works:
- Send your letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Would you like to work in Nicaragua for six months or more? Then apply for a scholarship to the sending organization ICJA
- You only want to be there for a few weeks and can finance your stay yourself? Then plan around 200€ / month for accommodation and meals with one of our host families
- Do you have any questions? Please send an email to email@example.com
- You can read testimonials here .
We look forward to you!